Sunday, April 21, 2013

Some like it hot. I do not.

I don't like spicy food. I'm a wuss. Ill admit. When It comes to spice I'm a total child. Medium salsa? No way. Chili, maybe with 3lbs of sour cream. Curry? I once cried at an Indian restaurant.

When I lived with my ex the one thing we always had around was a huge jug of hot sauce. Franks? He loved it. It went into and on everything. Me, not so much. I like cheese. Not Frank.

But hey, if there was something I was good at it was compromising. Maybe. And cooking... So I didn't get mad, but I was pretty sure he couldn't taste any of my meals with the spicy abuse his taste buds had been through over the years. Still, I loved cooking and I loved cooking for him (and Franks).

I accept he liked things hot, and I didn't (That sounds bad. We are just talking about food). And although every once in a while I try spices to see if things have changed, I always end up back at mild. I'm ok with where I am. It means I don't sweat when I eat.

So Taco Salad? Ya. It's mild.

But I always have the sir racha available on the side.

Vegetarian Taco salad
*******

In large bowl combine:
I can black beans
1/2 can corn
2T lime juice
2T taco seasoning
1 Cup Monterey Jack cheese
2 diced Roma Tomatoes
2 sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/8 cup taco/enchilada sauce (MILD or hot)
Salt
Chopped cilantro

Chop lettuce, put in bowl
Crush Doritos or taco chips over lettuce
Spoon mixture on top of chips
Add sour cream/guacamole/salsa to taste.

Serve with wine, rice on the side or more cheese. You can't go wrong with cheese people. Or wine.

Also, speaking of hot: it's almost May and MN just got 2 feet of snow. CHEERS!











No comments:

Post a Comment