Sunday, September 23, 2012

football and fruit.

Sundays are bittersweet.  I used to love sleeping in (no, I did not just wake up in case you were wondering) and then going to the farmers market next door to pick out a weeks worth of dinner vegetables. This was followed by football (my ex even taped his Packers game once so that we could watch my Vikings on the big screen).   That was when I knew he truly loved me... I digress, anyway- Sundays were my favorite lazy day and I cherished the 12 hours I had to spend in the kitchen, pausing the game to check on muffins or running to turn on my mixer at half time.  Football and baking in my pajamas- it couldn't get better than that.  



So this Sunday started a bit different.  I still slept in (I'm mourning-Don't judge me!) and then immediately turned all tv's to my Vikings (this time there was no debate about which tv got which game).  I knew that something had to give and my Vikings beat the supposed Super-Bowl-bound 49'ers. I assume this was the Universe cashing in my good karma.  Walter did not appreciate the win, as I guess dogs don't usually differentiate between screaming and fighting and screaming at a college ref who has never watched an NFL game.   He hid in the closet for a bit but not before I continued my streak of animal abuse through pet costumes.   





Priceless.




 Oddly I think relationships are a lot like football.  As the announcer said, "You can be a really great team, but if you don't come ready to play, you are going to lose."  How 'bout them apples?! 




So today I started with a breakfast recipe I saw on Pinterest. A baked oatmeal and fruit number that looks like a crisp.  It was decent. If you buy those pre-packaged, hydrogenated muffin or cereal bars this is a much better option.  These bars freeze well and are easy to eat while you drive (I assume, obviously that is dangerous and as an insurance adjuster I would never try that, obviously).





Ingredients
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com/2012/01/gluten-free-baked-oatmeal-casserole.html


So above is the link to the recipe. Note that I used regular oatmeal, I threw in strawberries and raspberries and I made sure all of the banana was covered so they didn't look brown.   I also used almonds vs walnuts.  

I think I need a nap now.





I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment